In this policy, the below terms shall have the following meanings:
“Consignee” shall mean the entity (individual/ firm) who is financially responsible (the buyer) for the receipt of a shipment from a Consignor.
“Consignor” shall mean a person or firm (usually the seller) who avails the Services of Delhivery to deliver a consignment to a Consignee.
“Data Subject” shall mean any individual person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, via an identifier such as a name, an ID number,contact details, or location data.
“Third Party Vendors” shall mean any individual or organization providing services to Delhivery on a contractual basis.
While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information (also known as PII or Personal Information) that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally Identifiable Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and Last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- KYC Documents
- Geographical Location
You can choose not to provide any Personal Information that we may request of you, but, in general, the Personal Information we request is required in order to provide you with access to and use of the Services, and the lack of such information may prevent us from doing so and impact the service capability and certain features of the Services.
We may ask you to provide certain additional information about yourself on a case to case basis in relation to our Services. It is clarified that any data which does not reveal your specific identity, does not relate to an identified or identifiable individual, information that is publicly available, information about software and hardware usage, or any anonymised or aggregated data (“Other Information”) is not considered as PII or Personal Information.
We may collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website or application.
This usage data may include information such as your computer’s internet protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access our website on a mobile device or access a mobile application, this usage data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Cookies are a standard feature of websites consisting of small data files which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Secure Cookies for security purposes.
We provide a range of Services including (without limitation) various delivery and logistics solutions through innovative technology and connected tools. In order to achieve this, we collect Personal Information from you in a number of ways including:
- Directly from you, for example when you use our website, our Services, mobile applications, or when you contact us through phone, email or chat
- When you make an account with us
- When you use a tracking ID to track your package
- When you provide us information to verify your identity
- When you purchase products or receive packages from any of our clients with whom we have a legally binding contract
- When you reach out to our customer support teams or when a support ticket is created
- When you provide us feedback
- Our social media pages
- Web forms and surveys
- Off-site services and events that relate to our Services
- When you contact our customer service
- At the time of delivering consignments
- Other interactions with you
- Provide you products and services: We use the data we collect to:
- provide products and services (such as parcel transportation, warehousing, freight, reverse logistics, cross-border and technology services)
- monitor your usage of our services to understand your requirements better
- perform accounting, auditing, invoicing, reconciliation and collection activities
- send tracking updates and transactional information
- give options for convenient or express delivery
- provide location and tracking features
- provide you related and ancillary functionalities, products, services, solutions, software and technologies developed and offered by us in the ordinary course of our business
- Communicate with you: We use your Personal Information to communicate with you via different channels (such as by phone, email, chat) in relation to our Services and to follow up with you on any requirements for our services that you have indicated an interest in. We send you transaction related updates through third party platforms such as WhatsApp to update you on the status of your order / transaction. You can always opt-out of such communication, however, you may then be unable to receive real time updates of your order status.
- Troubleshoot and customer support: We use your Personal Information to analyze performance, improve our services, detect incorrect addresses, and prevent technical issues. We also use collected data to provide customer support and respond to you about your requests, questions and comments, and update our records about you.
- Identity Proof Details / Documents: We may collect your Aadhaar Card number, PAN Card number, or Driving License number, to verify your identity and prevent misuse of our Services. Please note that you are not obligated to provide your Aadhaar details and you can choose any other document such as your PAN Card, or Driving License (as per the options provided) as identity proof. If you do choose to provide us with your Aadhaar number, please note that we may use it for identity verification and Aadhaar based authentication with UIDAI through third party service providers. By agreeing to provide your details you expressly consent to our use of the same.
- Customer satisfaction surveys: We may use your Personal Information to conduct polls and surveys and periodically reach out to you via phone, email, or chat to understand your experience in using our services. You may choose to not participate in such surveys by opting out when we reach out to you.
- Personalisation: We use your Personal Information to understand your preferences and to enhance and customise your experience by offering tailored services.
- Develop new products and services: We use the data collected to evaluate, optimise, develop, and improve our business to bring you enhanced, efficient, and cost-effective products and services. This includes developing new products and services, determining the effectiveness of our sales, analysing and enhancing our products, services, websites and applications and improving and maintaining the quality of our customer services.
- Data analysis and improving our services: We use your Personal Information to perform market analysis, consumer search and analytics, trend analysis and financial analysis to enhance and improve the Services we provide to you.
- Information about new offers: We would like to send you information about our products and services and any new offers that we think you might benefit from. If you have agreed to receive this information, you may always opt out at a later date by using the “Opt-out” or “Unsubscribe” functionality or by directly contacting us. We may also use your information to contact you with updates to our Services, website or mobile applications.
- Post comments & testimonials: If you allow us to or where we have a legitimate interest, we may use your Personal Information to post comments and testimonials you provide to us on our website and other platforms.
- Fraud prevention: We use the data collected to ensure the security of our networks and information systems, identify and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities. We may also use scoring methods to identify and manage business risks such as credit risks.
- Comply with legal obligations: In some cases, we collect and use your Personal Information to comply with legal and regulatory regulations, including customs and GST requirements. For example, KYC details in some cases are legally required for identity verification.
As a rule, we do not transfer or share your Personal Information with any third party unless we are required to do so. We may share your Personal Information in the following ways:
Group Companies of Delhivery
- for enabling them to provide the Services;
- for optimizing our shared processes; and
- for other cross-affiliate initiatives.
Regulatory or Government Authorities
We may disclose your Personal Information in good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation;
- comply with a request from any government, regulatory or public authority (for example: to fulfil a legal obligation during export of a shipment);
- protect and defend the rights or property of Delhivery;
- prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our Services; and
- protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public.
Opt Out Process
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Third Party Vendors / Consultants / Marketers
We may engage Third Party Vendors and individuals to facilitate our services or to perform Service-related transactions or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used. For example, we may have to provide your address and other details to a third party service provider to deliver your packages to you and process payments.
We may also engage third parties for services including but not limited to hosting data, identifying, assessing and managing credit risk, distribution, customer support and technical assistance, cloud services, processing payments, validating KYC documents to authenticate identity, delivering shipments, email delivery, undertaking audits or data analysis, web analytics, IT performance monitoring, customer relationship management, evaluating, running and optimizing user experience or our growth campaigns, polls and surveys, and assistance in the marketing, promotions and advertising initiatives of our Services.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose whatsoever. Also, we bind our third-party vendors in a contract to secure your data by putting monetary liabilities and surveillance practices and hence, ensuring a high level of security for your Personal Information.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction. No transfer of your Personal Information will take place to an organization or a country unless there are security adequate controls in place.
Mergers / Acquisitions
Please notify us of any changes to your Personal Information. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is kept accurate and current.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed to fulfil the purpose for which we collected it and for a reasonable period thereafter to comply with audit, accounting, contractual, technical and legal requirements, and/or to resolve any future disputes. We may retain Other Information, including non-personal information indefinitely or to the extent allowed by applicable law.
We take information security very seriously and maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Exceptionally, if any Personal Information is present on the package or letter, it may be visible to unauthorized individuals.
Application, data, infrastructure and network security are our key focus areas where data security practices are enforced. We also adhere to international standard certifications to complement the enforced practices. Considering “Right to Privacy” as a fundamental right of an individual, we have adopted various measures to protect privacy.
Our information security policies and our technical, operational and physical security measures conform to the ISO 27001 standard. Further, you play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, OTP, or other security information for your account with anyone.
Links to Third Party Solutions
You have the right to enquire on:
- What Personal Information we hold about you
- The purposes of processing such Personal Information
- The recipients to whom the Personal Information has or will be disclosed to
- How long we intend to store your Personal Information
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
- The right to have incomplete or inaccurate data about you corrected or completed and the process for requesting the same
- The right to request erasure of Personal Information (where applicable) or to restrict processing in accordance with applicable data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us
The right to report any Personal Information breach at firstname.lastname@example.org.